We now offer Duct Diagnostics & Sealing - Call for a free in-home estimate today!
Modern Heating & Cooling, Inc. offers a wide range of services to best help our valued customers. We are a family-owned company with more than 50 years in the heating and cooling business and are dedicated to providing the best possible service for you and your family. You can count on us to provide you with a system and solution that fits your family's unique needs.
We provide everything from regular maintenance and tune-ups to new installs. Our team can help you lower your energy bills with a Zoned System installation or find the perfect climate point for your home with a humidifier.
We are known for our exceptional service, which is completed on-time by our courteous, professional technicians. Our team respects your family and your home as we are on location serving you. We love serving our neighbors in Northwest Indiana and Chicagoland, so give a call today to find out what we can do for you!
Have you noticed uncomfortably hot or cold rooms in your house? Have your energy bills been increasing? Either of these problems can indicate leaky air ducts.
Approximately 50% of the average home's energy bill is spent on heating and air conditioning. On average, 30 cents of every $1 you spend on heating and cooling your home disappears into thin air due to leaky ducts. Aeroseal Duct Sealing is a solution to all of these problems.
Aeroseal Duct Sealing was developed in the 1990s at U.C. Berkeley with funding from the United States Department of Energy, Environmental Protection Agency, California Institute for Energy Efficiency, and Electric Power Research Institute. Duct leaks can be difficult and costly to repair since most ductwork is hidden between walls, floors and ceilings. Aeroseal pinpoints and covers leaks with a success rate of up to 98%. Aeroseal is the most effective, affordable, and viable method of sealing air duct leaks on the market.
Aeroseal works by accurately measuring the duct leakage in your home with a computer based system. The Aeroseal process puts escaping air under pressure and causes polymer particles to stick first to the edge of a leak, then to each other until the leak is closed. The Aeroseal five step process takes very little time to bring you big savings and comfort:
1) Wall registers are covered in order for air to escape only through leaks.
2) Sealant is injected into the ducts.
3) Small aerosol particles are kept suspended in the airflow by continuous air movement.
4) As the air stream makes a sharp turn to exit through a leak, the particles collide with and adhere to the leak edges.
5) A computer-generated analysis summarizing your home's amount of leakage reduction is generated, providing verification of success of the process.For Northwest Indiana customers, NIPSCO is offering a $400 rebate per system for Aeroseal. See if you qualify!